Creating a Friendly and Engaged
Community of Seniors
Village Without Walls is an inclusive, interdependent community where everyone can age in place and live in homes of their choice safely. Whether you choose to live in a single family home, a townhouse or condo, an apartment, a mobile home, or a senior retirement center you are eligible to be a member of the Village.
Our Vision, Mission and Values
Vision: A community of older adults who share their skills, support and expertise to navigate the challenges and opportunities of aging.
Mission: Create a dynamic, inclusive, caring intergenerational community of members and volunteers who support each other in active, inter-dependent living.
Village Without Walls is a member of the Villages NW Hub and Spoke Network, a network of Villages in the Portland metro area. Our local network is connected to a thriving nationwide movement of over 250 Villages providing programs and services to enable seniors to remain comfortably and securely in their own home.
- Inclusion: Adults of all ages, races, faiths, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities, socio-economic levels and abilities are welcome. We honor the dignity, independence and life experiences of each individual and encourage participation in the Village Without Walls community.
- Support: The willingness of members and volunteers to share their time and expertise in support of our mission and contribute to the operation of the Village is the reason we exist. We also appreciate the generosity of donors who support the Village with financial and in-kind contributions.
- Communication: Members and volunteers are encouraged to offer ideas and advice. We invite open and candid conversation during meetings and gatherings. We practice transparency in our decision-making and honesty in our dealings.
- Privacy: All personal information which is shared with the Village is kept confidential. We do not share personal information with any outside group.
- Collaboration: Village members create their own programming based on the experience, skills, and expertise they can share. We seek opportunities for mutually beneficial cooperation and partnerships within the wider community.
- Community: Our members and volunteers value our Village community and also want to remain an integral part of the greater Washington County community and maintain the important connections they have established.